Martin, I think you could be somewhat slightly losing your grip on
feasibility or even desirability here: I mean listen to yourself:

>One of the things I've been playing around with is the idea of a VS with a
>couple of house DJ's up here, the idea being we play all the records in
>chronological order, should make for an interesting night of music.

How desirable is that? Is that how your sets go? In chrono order?! It's
pretty anal isn't it?!?

Also, this whole idea of a sort of grandstand, to me is a bit poncey and
preachy, a bit like the BBC really - 'mission to explain'!!! It reeks of
patronization to say the least.

As we get older it's natural that we calcify in our views and in our views
about our deep felt experience. We sometimes come to believe that what we
experienced could be more important than what younger (note emphasis,
*younger*) folks are experiencing in their life of new and awe-inspiring
music today. I'm not for interpolating (i.e. butting in!) as if to say:
hey-up you lot, you don't know where it's at, listen to 'nude photo', et al.
How uncool would you have felt that to be at age 18?

Also remember, 'techno' or whatever you call it, has *always* been a cult,
always been an aquired taste. And it's always been quite literally
*difficult* to acquire, because the records have always been publicized in a
narrow, low key way, *if at all* and mostly printed in razor-thin volumes,
when compared to virtually any other genre.

Sorry for the rant and I don't wanna get at you, especially you as natch
it's folk like yourselveswho've always kept this damned thing alive - just
wanted to bring you to your senses - *but* I'm prepared to admit that it's
me who needs bringing to my senses ....