I strongly agree with the ideas expressed by marc and david.  In fact, I
would go so far as to say that there must be some independent labels that have
benefited greatly as a result of increased file sharing.
  I can name a number of labels and artists that i have been turned on to due
to the trading of their material in digital format.
       -funky chocolate
       -ann aimee
       -psychostasia
       -music is
       -rick wade
       -newworldaquarium
       -headspace
       -moods&grooves
  Because of my exposure to these producers and labels, I avidly hunt down all
vinyl releases that I can get my hands on.  Just ask my wife...  she thinks i'm
nuts.  :- )

cheers,
lrh