your 808 must be ghetto because mine makes some FINE coffee
:p

Just to add my 2 cents...

I don't think Ableton was really every conceived of as a DJ
tool in any sort of conventional sense.  Sure, you CAN use
it that way.  But as has been discussed, it's a little too
safe.

When Robert Henke first built the Live prototype as a Max
patch, it was for him to do his own live shows, using his
own loops, but with the freedom to combine and collage (not
a verb, I know) on the fly.

This is primarily how I use it today - basically as an MPC
on steroids.

I just want to make sure, before we all write it off as a
dead, that we realize that what we're really writing off is
its use for a purpose for which it was never really
intended.

It's a little like finding out that your 808 can make drip
coffee, then finding out that it's really bad coffee, then
selling your 808 because it sucks.

Or something.

--
Dennis DeSantis