i think ACID was used for that mix.

and yeah it's a good example of the use of software for a mix....could
do with a few more hooks in there tho to contast with the
minimalism....but that's just a personal taste thing.

robin...

-> i don't know whether this is going solely to you or the
-> whole list. i don't
-> speak often.
->
-> but: closer to the edit!?!
->
-> i don't know if he was using ableton, but i do believe that
-> that is the
-> potential of LIVE mixing loops that you 'spent a week to cut
-> up'. if that is
-> your vision, and that's how long it takes, and that's how
-> nerdy you're
-> willing to get then...sobeit.
->
-> beautiful. and i aspire to it.
->
-> -r
->
->
-> --- "J. T." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-> > i strongly dislike ableton. it's a good tool for studio
-> style mixing, a
-> > great advance and added flexibility etc, but i still see
-> it as studio style
->
-> > mixing. it makes mixing a very cerebral process; it's way
-> geeky. and it's
-> > too safe. to me it is at odds with the pleasure of playing
-> and listening to
->
-> > music, the alive-ness of music, and of
-> mixing...simplicity... sure it
-> > sounds
-> > alive in the end when you can screw around with 500 loops
-> it took you a
-> > week
-> > to cut up, but...i dunno. it's halfway between traditional
-> mixing and
-> > production, but not as open-ended and versatile and
-> hands-on as either...it
->
-> > just seems half-canned to me, music from concentrate just
-> add ableton and
-> > stir. the complexities arent worth the result, or
-> vice-versa. not that i
-> > dont enjoy some ableton mixes, but no more than i do
-> traditional mixes --
-> > usually not as much. people tend to go overboard with the
-> layering of loops
->
-> > and frantic pace, which is fun at first, and good for
-> booty music where you
->
-> > dont care to hear 3 minutes of the same track, but it
-> takes too much energy
->
-> > and attention to listen to...i just wanna relax and hear
-> some music not a
-> > vigorous exercise in sound editing...and when mixing, i
-> wanna wander around
->
-> > crates throwing on whatever grabs me...the inclination to
-> digitize and
-> > computerize (and perfect and control) everything can end
-> up draining some
-> > of
-> > the joy out imo...its a cold cold world..i know there are
-> loads of people
-> > older than myself on the list, but seeing people get
-> excited about this
-> > stuff makes me feel like a dinosaur...
-> >
-> > There are now three new levels of MSN Hotmail Extra
-> Storage!  Learn more.
-> > http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&amp;page=hotmail/es2&amp;ST=1
-> >
-> >
->
-> ---
-> Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.