http://www.rane.com/scratch.html

Not cheap but competition should drive prices down.

On Feb 9, 2004, at 6:48 PM, Ryan Snowden wrote:

For all those enterprising young minds out there, it's time to come up with a similar version of final scratch and sell it at a cheaper cost to undercut
final scratch :)  In 5 years time we can't have final scratch dictating
prices can we? :)

Can't be that hard to do to be honest. Different frequency, different part
of the record, real-time 0 latency hardware.  Just need to find a cheap
electronics outlet at the end of the day to do all the mainboards

-----Original Message-----
From: Carissa Tintinalli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 10 February 2004 5:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: RE: (313) final scratch

I think there's been an interesting economic impact, especially for those
djs who don't or barely make an income from playing out.

Final Scratch has allowed a lot of djs I know to sell off large chunks of their record collections so they could make money to buy more records, buy gear, press tracks or even simply pay rent. Selling all your records years ago was considered a sure sign of either retirment or insanity. With Final
Scratch, you can make bank and still keep playing.