> I nearly wet pants at the post that said "techno without the 4/4 drum is
> breaks"
>
> Brilliant!

It is funny, but then they probably laugh at us for being a bunch of definition
obsessed trainspotters. I've been to and enjoyed the Big Chill (though I have
to admit more for the late night monged out festival vibe you get in the 24hr
tents rather than moments of musical inspiration, which have been rare). I
don't really like the quaint English pastoral romanticism you get there, in
fact I find it slightly sinister + the toilets are too clean!

> >Does it matter that we're so cut off from the mainstream?
>
> We'll always be outsiders - which is cool by me...

Isn't there an inherent contradiction there? Don't we stop being outsiders once
we've found other people like ourselves to form a group with? I think being a
outsider (i.e. fundamentally isolated/misunderstood) is a bittersweet
experience at best. I've had periods in my life like that and they're not realy
something I would celebrate. erm....anyway, back to the techno....