how does buying vinyl help? half my record collection contains illegal
samples or outright bootlegs and re-edits - from 'planet rock', through to
the d-train boot that arrived in the mail this week (thanks piccadilly).
sampling, bootlegging, biting and copying is at the very heart of modern
dance music. it's why it's so fantastically good. drop the modernist
notions of authenticity, ownership and authorship  and say hi to the
postmodern world - you know you like it.

i sure hope that copying and trading mp3s isn't harmless. i'm more than
happy to see the destruction of the major reccord labels and the music
industry as it stands. copyright is not about protecting the rights of the
artists, it's about making sure that record executives can afford a
helicopter to carry them to their summer houses in the hamptons.
f*%ck copyright!
james
www.jbucknell.com (eight hours of illegal mps for download)

             "Thomas D. Cox,
             Jr."
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             h.com>                    <313@hyperreal.org>
                                                                        cc
             18/02/05 12:01 PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: (313) Italian dj fined over one
             Please respond to         million
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                  h.com>

From: "Cyclone Wehner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I agree, it's not like he's selling pirated copies. I imagine a
lot of DJs
>have at least one or two' illegal' downloads, maybe of a rare
mash-up or
>remix. I think this may be a wake up call for those who think
it's otherwise
>harmless.

here's the wakeup call:

BUY VINYL.