i think techno lost it's ability to innovate or influence..

perhaps because we're all too critical..

You might be right.

A test:

What do people think of Grime? Electroclash?

:)

I think though the shock of hearing mad electronic noises has disappeared. I mean half the top ten consists of records that have mad electronics in them. A point Alex was making in fact. To innovate these days is a million times harder than when all people had to do was take the batteries out of a 303 to get a random pattern and set it to an 808 beat (that still works for me but it's not innovation anymore).

Kinda like when stained glass used to make people get on their knees and think of God. The novelty has worn off.

robin...