>>What do people think of Grime? Electroclash?

> electroclash is rubbish (draws line) ;)

Electroclash has been severely devalued by some on the basis of it's being a
"trend" but, like anything, there are pretenders among the talented.
Remember techno was flavour of the month once. Everything in hyper modernity
surfaces as a trend. I don't think anyone seriously feels that Goldfrapp -
or Ladyton - are in that category now, they've transcended it.  In fact, the
term is pretty much obsolete now as there is an electro revival in general.
Even the prog DJs are playing Get Physical stuff. Anyways, did Michelangelo
think he was doing 'Renaissance' art, no - he captured a moment that was
subsequently identified as such.

For me the likes of Goldfrapp are not merely reproducing the 80s but
bringing a new playfulness, irony, to synth-pop.

Goldfrapp's Supernature is New Romanticism recast, disco mythology and
electro-pop - and I have not stopped playing it!!!

I love what Ladytron are doing - their latest, Witching Hour, is dark
occultic beauty - I hear Echo & The Bunnymen in there, New Order, even
Propaganda.

Fisherspooner's last LP was OK - I don't understand the backlash.

Tiga is fun, same Felix Da Housecat...

What I *dislike* is the new electro rock emanating from Melbourne with
BodyRockers. Their music is like a substitute for the old jukebox classics
beloved in Aussie pubs.
I understand its popularity but it's hackneyed stuff. They're ripping off
Armand Van Helden at his own game. BodyRockers really smack of opportunism
to me.