From: Tristan Watkins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 5:48 PM
To: Stoddard, Kamal; 'robin'; 'Mark Cullen'
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: RE: (313) new Omar-S

It does, and I often don't mind that, although you're right it can be a
let
down when you know he can do more. Then again, there are some tracks
that
fit this bill which I totally love, like the Kai Alce on Mahogani and "I
Can't Take It" by Rick Wade. They do very little, and a lot of people
seem
to avoid them (or playing them) for that reason, but they can be just
the
answer if you're trying to extend a good groove (as you say). I know
both
those tracks aren't totally like the new Omar-S stuff, but they're the
type
of track that some people will pass on because they don't sound nearly
as
good in isolation. Gotta be in the mix. 'Flat' can be one of the key
dynamics in a good house mix - as setup, relief or whatever.

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]