You've hit the nail on the head there I think Kamal.

When I use his stuff in the mix it's more the highs that I use. I'd not really analysed why.

robin...

On 4 Oct 2006, at 21:35, Stoddard, Kamal wrote:

Sounds like a tools album to me. And not a very interesting one. There's even a couple that sound like less interesting versions of some old jack trax. I like a lot of omars stuff and own even more, but I don't play it
out often because his levels are crap and sometimes I don't even have
the headroom on the mixer to tweak it so it doesn't sound like a huge
sonic chunk drops out when you cut to his joint. Albeit when I do, (and
I can get the highs and mids sounding clear with the bass NOT sounding
like it's pressed against a brick wall)...it goes the fxck off. He'll
get it right soon. Once he learns to a-b monitors for consistency and
care about final mixdowns. This one was mostly a letdown though. His
sound doesn't seem to be evolving and there's not enough to it to stay
interesting. I almost feel like two of these are beats tracks for
previous omar joints. Maybe I just expected more...dunno. that Marcellus
though...tom's on the money with the "a mix" whoooo!