this is the point exactly.  How do we know what anyone else means unless
we use the one common source of the meaning of the words we use in our
language?

I can see tristan really wishes the words mean something different to
the rest of us, but it just hasn't happened yet.

Linguistics and sociology aren't my chosen fields, otherwise I could
pretend to be academic and have a wank off discussion about the topic
with him.