From: Cyclone Wehner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 12:05 PM
To: 313 Detroit
Subject: (313) Hip Hop and Techno (was 8-Mile)

Well I have been covering hip-hop in the media for most of the 90s 'til now
and I would disagree! I know what hip-hop headz (I mean headz) can be like!
Your purist underground hip-hop head usually does have an adversion to
techno. As far as 'electronica' they may - may- accept drum 'n' bass. Of
course hip-hop pioneers were originally very open to all styles, but, as
with any style, over time it produces 'purists'. The same purists probably
decry R&B samples and think P Diddy/Puff Daddy is the enemy. They have a
musical 'ideal' and anything that veers away from that is somehow invalid.

>> I know plenty of current hip hop fans who are also massively into techno.
>>Its certainly not true to say that hating techno is an ingrained part of
the
>>culture, as was suggested in the original post.
>>Also, we need to be clear here on whether were talking about B-boys or
Puff