11/12/2002 10:01:17 AM, robin pinning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> I don't disagree that it may have been a form of "proto-rave", but I don't
>> feel it is
>> anywhere at all in the same boat as what we call Rave nowadays, especially
>> in this
country.
>> The Acid House Scene to me is more of a neo-hippie, political stance against
>> club
culture,
>> that was for anyone; Rave is more of an underground, elitist,
>> apathetic-about-politics
>> (until recently anyway), scene that is very cultural and tight, as oppossed
>> to a "free
>> love" kinda hippie-ish thing in the Acid House Scene.
>
>aha, we differ in what we call "Rave"....uk vs. us culture.
>
>fair enough...

To me, I just feel that Rave was formed after the raids when promoters went
underground,
regardless of whether people were saying "let's rave" before that, simply
because I don't
feel that Rave had a distinct CULTURAL until that point.  It's just the overall
feeling I
get from reading about/learning about the 88 acid house scene, and how
"concert-y" it was,
as oppossed to warehouse raves which had this mystical culture around them.

>> 1987 was We Are IE, which is generally considered to be the first Hardcore
>> tune.
>
>i find that date hard to believe....i remember the tune
>coming out and being hammered on the sheffield (uk) pirate stations at the
>time....i was in sheff from 89->
>
>you could be right tho

I could be wrong, but I am an old skool hardcore DJ, and that is what I've been
told by a
number of people in the old skool uk scene.

>> >SUAD started in 1989 (i have a few of their releases, froma round the
>> >time) and i'm failry sure "we are ie" came out in 89 too (what a tune btw)
>>
>> I have SUAD1 and its 87 or 88.  And We Are IE was on plate in 87, it didnt
>> get pressed
>> until 89, but was being played before that.
>
>http://www.shutupanddance.co.uk

Ahhh, well, I stand corrected here.

Thansk for the info, I didnt even think to check their site.  :)

-Ian Entropy
(bhpc, happy vibe rec, new sample revolution, n.e. hardcore, boston)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.djentropy.com

Soulseek: djentropy
AIM: DJEntropy