From: glyph1001 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 3:45 PM
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) Hip Hop and Techno (was 8-Mile)

I will have to agree with robin here and I'm from the US.  I read this
article in an ooooold DJ Magazine that talked about "The Summer of Love"
and there was a part where someone would say (I'm paraphrasing here)
"you gonna rave? or have you raved yet?" which meant taking a hit of e
and going to a party and "rave" like mad.  Indeed the Acid House and
Rave are one of the same. \ I suggest doing some research at the mag's
website.

robin pinning wrote:

>>>don't think that is true....the rave scene developed out of the northern
>>>soul scene (from what i've read)...original rave music was acid house
(the
>>>other key ingredient to raves was the rapid take up of ecstacy at the
same
>>>time)
>>>

>>I don't agree that the Acid House Scene was the Rave Scene.  I think it
was definetly
>>"proto-rave", but I don't feel RAVE happened until after the Acid House
Raids in 1989, and
>>1/2 the promoters went underground into the warehouses.  That is when the
culture grew, and
>>it wasn't just a random occurence of club-rebellion.
>>

>hmmm we'll agree to disagree... :)
>
>rave was defo happening around 88's summer of love (see the national
>newspaper headlines!!), this was quite a bit before hardcore happened
>which was 89/90 ->

>>>that came later...
>>>

>>nah, Hardcore started in 1987, with Lennie de Ice's "We Are I.E.", and the
early SUAD
>>releases.
>>

>SUAD started in 1989 (i have a few of their releases, froma round the
>time) and i'm failry sure "we are ie" came out in 89 too (what a tune btw)
>

>cheers
>
>robin...

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Channel Four Television Corporation unless specifically
stated.  This email and any files transmitted are confidential and intended
If you have received this email in error, please notify
[EMAIL PROTECTED]