OK. If I've misread I apologise, though I'll confess I'm still unable to see
it when I read your emails. That's not reading between lines :) Just one
point, I'm sure you *can* play unknown records on the fly: all records are
unknown at some point. That's precisely my point about pitch control: it's a
lot easier. If it isn't your bag, then fair enough. I don't think we
actually disagree there, given my misreading. And I'm not suggesting you do
have to do it all the time. As Neil pointed out to me, if you need to be at
plus 8, you're going to have to use your hands. I'm not claiming there's any
more merit in it than as a general approach. If I've given the impression of
suggesting people must mix in one way then that'll be my mistake. My last
post on this.

Take care,

J R McIntosh ;)