> I also see a rhythm pattern not to far away from Electro and Hip-Hop
> and that's not due to the major usage of 808 drums.

that's easy to see, yes.

> Every genre style has certain characterics and IMO Dubstep has
> variations just as Detroit Techno does. I'm talking about that Detroit

the variations are of a different scale. there are way more specific
stylistic conventions involved in what makes dubstep "dubstep" than in
what makes detroit techno "detroit techno". i don't think this is
subjective. dubstep is a much more narrowly defined genre, which is
what i mean by "stylized". the beat has to be a certain way, the
basslines are all very similar, the bpm's..it's all very specific.
detroit techno is not.

> Techno hardly has developed (nothing about pigeonholing it as a
> narrow, specific genre) but that's my subjective opinion.

sorry, that's ridiculous tunnel-vision and an over-emphasis on genre
names without looking deeper. of course techno has evolved. it evolved
into jungle, it evolved into dubstep, it evolved into loads of things.
anytime anything "evolves" it's given a new genre name. it is a total
contradiction to expect "detroit techno" to become something radically
different and still be called "detroit techno". if this was the case,
we wouldn't even call it "detroit techno" in the first place, we'd
call it "chicago house", except maybe we wouldn't call it "chicago
house", we'd call it "disco", etc etc.

> Wasn't stuff like Mantronix - Bassline innovative in it's context of
> how the 303 was used with  familiar elements from Kurtis Mantronix?

subjectively, sure. i wouldn't argue with that. it was a subtle thing
though, and only recognizable in retrospect. you really can't even
argue something was innovative until it has some time to gestate.

> I think it's quite misplaced to use the nerd/techno purist tag here,
> but well we just look at things differently.

check out discogs, read the comments by pretentious techno nerds who
are critical of anything they don't see as "innovative", these people
are morons if you ask me. fad chasers.