> But in what way other than the dubplate exclusives has Dubstep followed D'n'B?

rhythm/mood...they're in the same boat

> Yes, for being an innovative musical path (which D'n'B killed off for
> good around 96 and Detroit Techno is hardly any better there!!!
> although I'll love it to my deathbed for the amazing music that was
> created)

i totally disagree. this is just semantics about genre names here, but
dubstep is a very stylized genre ie very specific style of beat,
bassline, mood, bpm etc. detroit techno is much broader category that
has more to do with soul/character than any specific sound -- it takes
in a very broad spectrum of styles, it is only the soul/character and
subtle styles of melody/rhythm that define the genre.

and "innovation" is mostly a concept for naive music fans and annoying
techno nerds. "innovation" is in the same boat as "originality", ie it
doesn't really exist objectively, it's totally subjective.