From: Thomas D. Cox, Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 24 October 2007 12:58
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) votes

On 10/24/07, Alan Heneghan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gains on the back are to stop IDIOT DJs turning them up and destroying

> sound systems.

so people who play 70's LP cuts next to 00's 12" cuts have to pay the
price for morons? wrong answer. that mixer with the gains on the back is
the biggest pile of sh*t ive ever used in my entire life.

that said, i dont like any of the popular mixers. ive played on a&hs,
vestaxes, numarks, eclers, ranes, etc. not one of them has ever made me
feel like i needed to go out and buy one. that said, ive never messed
with a classic rotary mixer either, but they dont have built in EQs
which is also stupid. the people who make and design mixers are just
plain old bad at what they do in my opinion. there's always too much
crap on there you dont need.

tom