On Dec 3, 2007 4:43 PM, Rob G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think the best response to a typical discussion such as this is to try to
> confuse the
> arguments as much as possible.
>
> 1. Kraftwerk claimed to be pop and cited how much they were Motown influenced.
>
> 2. Kraftwerk had 4-4 beats.
>
> 3. Is Prince pop or electro?  Roger & Zapp?  Dr. Dre sampling Roger & Zapp?
> ... what about
> Snoop here?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSS_DY_z-Dc
>
> is that electro? Pop? R&B? Rap?

what i find interesting is that people look down on certain pop music
just for being "pop" but not on others. i have nothing against pop
music, i wish more people listened to this music that we love! being
popular is not bad, but most times what is popular IS bad. people
confuse that. i play pop records, i dont even care: if its a good
song, its a good song. but i just dont view daft punk as pop music.

also, defining yourself as "pop" doesnt not necessarily mean you are,
plenty of crappy indie rock bands tried that "power pop" or other
derivitive names, and they were not popular, nor pop.

tom