That's what managers are for Tom. To make that _not_ the case.

eh, as someone who works at a shop where we have a database that
updates immediately if someone buys something in the shop or from our
shop online, when you use other methods of selling (gemm, musicstack,
discogs, etc) that don't automatically access and change the database
i can tell you it gets very confusing trying to do 20 things at a time
for an order and keep it all straight. it is easier if you have the
same person doing it all the time! manager or no.....

Indeed. That's a failure in systems not management then. My friends have similar problems (yeah they all work in record shops).

I agreed with the original point about the results the smaller operations do better at customer service.

robin...