> I can't believe, based on the bookings, that the
> folks organizing it see it as being tied to "detroit techno" as much as
> "detroit's techno festival."

totally agree with that
granted I haven't been to the fest in a number of years but from the
line-ups from the first three fests to today's fest under the current
promoters
they haven't kept with the original spirit of the festival at all imo
it's not a "Detroit electronic music festival" but an electronic music
festival that could happen anywhere but just happens in Detroit

but if anyone wants to come and help me with my garden this year that's
where I'll probably be

MEK