>         Write code that can be worked on by multiple people. The fact
>         that abc2ps isn't written this way is probably one of the
>         major reasons for the situation described above.
I think this is true of a lot of free software.

> From: Wendy Galovich
> Would such a non-platform-specific documentation method be of
> any value in helping developers using a variety of platforms and
development
> tools to sort through the details?
It would!  How about a framework with UML documentation, class heirarchies,
sequence diagrams and a design that lends itself to parallel development.
There aren't many net projects like this but I think its do-able.

Also, I'd think that creating a standard would be less frustrating if there
was a working  prototype that implemented the standard and also did lots of
useful stuff.