abcm2ps-4.1.0 on a linux box works fine

--On Wednesday, June 09, 2004 07:10:25 -0700 Steve Wyrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I apologize if this is a duplicate post; I sent this yesterday but haven't
seen it appear on the list, and I discovered a problem with my sending
address which I think prevented it from going out.

I just completed a transcription of Robert Petrie's 1st tunebook (Scottish,
1790), which has parts for violin and cello.  I wrote the code using Phil
Taylor's BarFly, on which this reads and plays correctly, but it appears
that a lot of other abc software can't handle the multiple voices.  Below is
a sample tune; I'd be interested to know what other readers and midi players
can handle this code, especially any PC software (for reference, the 2nd
note in the 3rd staff bass line is middle C).  Thanks for any help, or
suggestions for improving the portability of this code! -Steve

<snipped>

Iain (Jethro) Anderson - DBA (ISYS) University of Bristol

"Never give a sword to a man who can't dance"