Phil Taylor said:

> Steve, I think you should suggest to your friends that they get
> abcm2ps; it's
> much more up to date, is still being developed and there are versions
> for
> all three major platforms.  You might want to look at it yourself too,
> as
> you can invoke it directly from BarFly to get a nice GUI.  There are
> instructions for this in the Import/Export doc which comes with BarFly.

Thanks Phil, I'll look into it, and suggest it to anyone who asks.
Unfortunately, the majority of the people I interact with who use abc just
dump it into the concertina.net tune-o-tron
(http://www.concertina.net/tunes_convert.html), which uses abc2ps,
abc2midi and ghostscript; or download tunes from JC's ABC Tunefinder as
pdf files (John, does your site also use abc2ps as an intermediate step in
going to pdf? What about the MIDI generator?).  Since I planned to post
this transcription I was looking for a format that even the dumbest abc
translator could read!  It's frustrating having to deal with the situation
where the most-used program isn't the best one! -Steve
--
Steve Wyrick - Concord, California