On 10 Jun 2004, at 07:04, Steve Wyrick wrote:

Thanks John, I like the way that looks on abc2ps; unfortunately BarFly
doesn't like the voice headers in that position and returns a score that's
blank except for title & composer!

As you mentioned, abc2ps doesn't need the middle=d term. BarFly doesn't
really need it either but I specified it for 2 reasons: to (hopefully) let
me write code that was readable by both programs, and to save me typing so
many commas in the bass line (e.g., without that term, C is written as C,,)!

Steve, I think you should suggest to your friends that they get abcm2ps; it's
much more up to date, is still being developed and there are versions for
all three major platforms. You might want to look at it yourself too, as
you can invoke it directly from BarFly to get a nice GUI. There are
instructions for this in the Import/Export doc which comes with BarFly.

Phil Taylor