From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of Patel Bijal
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 3:54 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] 2 questions about daily living skills

Dear all,
Nice thread of discussion.
Well, being a late blind and now totally blind, I am able to match
colours of my kurties and jeans. Yes, its true once I have to ask all
colours which are on only one kurti, because nowadays drashes are in
maltipal colours. Even while shopping also I am habitual to ask which
portion is in which colour by touching all designs to my dear ones and
sales man/girl. Then after visualisation of colours and designs, no
problem in matching anytime ,even I am alone also at my home or during
some trainings.
Just for curiosity, I would like to know, how is it possible to
recognize colours of dress being a born blind? Means, how he/she can
know pink kurti/ti shirt is  full match with blue/black jeans.
At Vamshi, what’s reason regarding you have to put matching pairs in
covers when outside of home?

Bijal patel.

On 4/27/13, Nikita Vaid <nikita.v...@bankofbaroda.com> wrote:
> I fully second Ekinath's and Ajay's views.
> Would like to tell you some thing that besides memorizing the texture of
> my own Salvar Kamizs, Kurtis, Jewelry etc.
>  I am also comfortable in memorizing and identifying cloths of my
> husband. Though he is sighted but even then as a good wife, I do select
> clothes for him to wear.
>
> I also help him choose new clothes while we go out for shopping.
> With regards to pairing his socks, I make sure that as far as possible,
> we buy socks   of different color with different textures or length. And
> then try to keep different color socks in different envelopes.
>
> All I want to say, it is not at all difficult.
>

> Thanks and warm Regards,
> Nikita V. Raut,
> Senior Manager [HR]
> Baroda Corporate Center, Bank of Baroda,
> C- 26, G - block, Bandra Kurla Complex,
> Bandra [E], Mumbai- 400051.

ia.org.in

please