On Aug 29, 2006, at 9:46 AM, Rob Bryant wrote:

brian d foy said the following on 8/29/2006 8:57 AM:
Completely unresponsive or just unresponsive to you? I don't see any
reason it needs to be open to all subscribers, either, especially if
you are going to lie like you do in this post
And I really don't see any reason you have to be such an a**hole. Someone offers help and suggestions, and you call that person a liar. Nice. Beautiful. Reaffirms my cynical view of humanity completely. Give someone an opportunity to be aggressive, antagonistic, and hostile and they'll take it every time.

Unsubscribe.

I concur completely!  It's depressing that such a prolific (and I would have thought respected... not so sure at the moment) perl developer as Brian would so quickly resort to such sophomoric behavior.  The name calling was completely uncalled for and I for one applaud Shlomi's efforts to try and improve the perl community.  I suspect Brian has either forgotten or just doesn't care what it's like to be a beginner.  This is after all an advocacy list and I would think we would want to discuss any improvements to any aspect of the perl community in an open and respectful way.

Tim

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
  - Dr. Seuss