From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Adam Moffett
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2019 11:05 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: Medical Alert Systems

Honestly I wish they would stop selling these things with an option to use the
Internet rather than a phone line...or at least require a landline phone as a
backup for the Internet.

There was a 4 hour outage on a Saturday morning recently caused by a router
failure.  Frankly, I'm happy with how quickly we resolved that given that it
was just about the worst failure possible and it happened on a weekend.  But if
someone had a problem at that time, and their health monitoring equipment
couldn't phone the mothership to report it I really don't want that on my head.

-Adam