For that police chase article, the department actually updated and said the
car wasn't fully charged the night before from the officer who used it
last. He forgot to plug it in so the car never started the shift with a
full charge. Not the Teslas fault.

https://electrek.co/2019/09/25/tesla-police-cruiser-runs-out-battery-chase-user-error/