Back in the day, many of us bought one super cheap cisco product and use that to keep all the expensive gear up to date. Always wondered why that allowed that. I presume that leak in the dike was plugged a long time ago?

-----Original Message----- From: Nate Burke
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2023 4:02 PM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: [AFMUG] Cisco Licensing

I just picked up a used Cisco 3650 switch off Ebay because I needed 48
POE ports that can do Vlans on the cheap.  When I go into the
'Licensing' screen through the browser, it shows Authorization Status
'EVAL MODE' with a 90 day countdown timer.  Will the switch stop working
after 90 days?  I haven't used anything Cisco in a long time.  3500
switches were the last thing I dabbled with.