It is legal to fire someone because they do smoke, so I would think you can
discriminate against them on the front end as well.

From: Keefe John
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2015 1:43 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Employee Breaks and Phone Use

Is it legal to not hire someone just because they smoke?

On 2/13/2015 2:42 PM, Jaime Solorza wrote:

  Smoke Free.

  Jaime Solorza

  On Feb 13, 2015 12:39 PM, <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

    If they smoke they find happiness elsewhere.
    (Yes, you can fire smokers).

    Or a policy of no smoking on the clock, while at work, on company property,
in company vehicles etc.
    (Sorry smokers, you get no love from me, and I was a smoker and chewer.
You drive up insurance rates, stink up vehicles and smell bad yourself when you
come into the office).

    They get a small stipend and pay their own phone bill.
    Supervisors need to have the balls to tell them to put the phone away and
get to work.