Is it legal to not hire someone just because they smoke?

On 2/13/2015 2:42 PM, Jaime Solorza wrote:

Smoke Free.

Jaime Solorza

On Feb 13, 2015 12:39 PM, <ch...@wbmfg.com <mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>> wrote:

    If they smoke they find happiness elsewhere.
    (Yes, you can fire smokers).
    Or a policy of no smoking on the clock, while at work, on company
    property, in company vehicles etc.
    (Sorry smokers, you get no love from me, and I was a smoker and
    chewer.  You drive up insurance rates, stink up vehicles and smell
    bad yourself when you come into the office).
    They get a small stipend and pay their own phone bill.
    Supervisors need to have the balls to tell them to put the phone
    away and get to work.
    *From:* mailto:t...@franklinisp.net
    *Sent:* Friday, February 13, 2015 12:01 PM
    *To:* memb...@wispa.org <mailto:memb...@wispa.org> ; af@afmug.com
    <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *Subject:* [AFMUG] Employee Breaks and Phone Use

    Employee Question:

    How does your organization handle excessive smoke breaks and
    constant smart phone usage?

    *Tyson Burris, President**
    **Internet Communications Inc.**
    **739 Commerce Dr.**
    **Franklin, IN 46131**
    ***
    *317-738-0320 <tel:317-738-0320> Daytime #*
    *317-412-1540 <tel:317-412-1540> Cell/Direct #*
    *Online: **www.surfici.net*

    ICI

    *What can ICI do for you?*

    *Broadband Wireless - PtP/PtMP Solutions - WiMax - Mesh
    Wifi/Hotzones - IP Security - Fiber - Tower - Infrastructure.*
    **
    *CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is intended for the*
    *addressee shown. It contains information that is*
    *confidential and protected from disclosure. Any review,*
    *dissemination or use of this transmission or its contents by*
    *unauthorized organizations or individuals is strictly*
    *prohibited.*