What radios, specifically Gino?

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Craig House
Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2015 12:51 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Site Grounding - what we are doing wrong?

Gino  We used to loose a lot of equipment as well.  Daniel White gave me some
advice 10 years ago and we started immediately noticing a difference.  The
suggestions was good shielded cable with a ground strap every 75' minimum.
Since then we have changed a lot but still lose very little.  The main thing we
have changed is to keep our ethernet cables as absolutely short as possible.  I
mount a box on the tower and run AC power up to it.  Install a Surge strip for
the Netonix switch at the top of the tower and try to keep all cable runs to
less than 30'.   I use fiber up the tower every chance I get and since the
Netonix switches have SFP built in it is really not much extra cost for the
fiber.

I have come to the conclusion that we will always lose some things but it has
helped so much.  We dont usually  do anything special to "ground" our stuff
unless the tower has a propensity to attract lightning.  Not sure if this helps
you but it has worked for us

Craig