You know what really sucks for multipath?  Heavy rain on frozen ground, sits
there and freezes into a big skating rink out in the fields, and stays there
until spring thaw.  Like a big RF mirror.

Other than that, RF seems to like winter.

From: Daniel White
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 6:52 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Airfiber 24 HD

+1.  The other benefit to snow vs. rain is the droplet size (a rain drop is
closer to the wavelengths we use vs. a snowflake).

Snow actually causes two different issues typically than fade thru Free Space.
First, depending on the geometry of the link, may cause multipath where
snowless conditions do not have it and two (and more likely) melting snow built
up on the antenna and re-freezing builds ice on the radome and causes fade.

Thank you,

Daniel White

afmu...@gmail.com

Cell: +1 (303) 746-3590