You have a strong opinion, but it is poorly formed. Apple has a decent take
in the US market, but that's a small percentage of the overall pie. That's
slated to slide more away from Apple given current trends.

2nd quarter of this year Android was at 86.2% global smartphone share, and
Apple is losing ground quarter after quarter.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/18/gartner-androids-smartphone-marketshare-hit-86-2-in-q2/

87.6 once more results were in:
http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp

You're entitled to your opinion though, by all means.