James is getting old. I've been a fan of Metallica for 30 years. Back in the day he was one of the ultimate "screw you, I don't care what you think" guys.

Chuck McCown wrote:
Apologies to Bill
Metallica’s James Hetfield:

"I kind of got sick of the Bay Area, the attitudes of the people there, a little bit," he said. "They talk about how diverse they are, and things like that, and it's fine if you're diverse like them. But showing up with a deer on the bumper doesn't fly in Marin County. My form of eating organic doesn't vibe with theirs.". . ."there was an elitist attitude there — that if you weren't their way politically, their way environmentally, all of that, that you were looked down upon."

I experienced the exact same thing in Humboldt County 26 years ago.

No virus found in this message.