Are there really people who go around saying “I’m diverse”?

 

 

From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mike Hammett
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2016 2:34 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Bay Area - Politics

 

I read that a week or so ago. I smiled.



-----
Mike Hammett
 <http://www.ics-il.com/> Intelligent Computing Solutions
 <https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL>  
<https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb>  
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions>  
<https://twitter.com/ICSIL> 
 <http://www.midwest-ix.com/> Midwest Internet Exchange
 <https://www.facebook.com/mdwestix>  
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/midwest-internet-exchange>  
<https://twitter.com/mdwestix> 
 <http://www.thebrotherswisp.com/> The Brothers WISP
 <https://www.facebook.com/thebrotherswisp>  
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXSdfxQv7SpoRQYNyLwntZg> 




  _____  

From: "Chuck McCown" <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> >
To: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> 
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2016 2:01:45 PM
Subject: [AFMUG] OT Bay Area - Politics

Apologies to Bill

 

Metallica’s James Hetfield:

 

"I kind of got sick of the Bay Area, the attitudes of the people there, a 
little bit," he said. "They talk about how diverse they are, and things like 
that, and it's fine if you're diverse like them. But showing up with a deer on 
the bumper doesn't fly in Marin County. My form of eating organic doesn't vibe 
with theirs.". . . "there was an elitist attitude there — that if you weren't 
their way politically, their way environmentally, all of that, that you were 
looked down upon."

I experienced the exact same thing in Humboldt County 26 years ago.  

 

Reply via email to