It was 26 years ago when I lived there. They called it the emerald triangle. The DEA used to fly over with helicopters dangling hoses with spray heads on them spraying roundup selectively. The locals that were injured by the roundup were simultaneously protesting the US guvmnt over Desert Storm while signing up for food stamps.

-----Original Message----- From: Robert
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 5:53 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Bay Area - Politics

Humboldt will become one of the largest agro-cultures in the US on Jan
1st when all those pot farms have to start declaring their income...

On 12/26/16 2:00 PM, Bill Prince wrote:
I don't consider Marin County all that "diverse". Bunch of whiny
latte-sipping yuppies if you ask me. Really, really small number of
Blacks. The Asian population is on the upswing, but they are more
hootie-tootie than a lot of the "whites". Same goes for a large portion
of Silicon Valley. The Asian population is exploding; approaching 33% in
areas like Apple-ville (AKA "Cupertino").

Humboldt County is almost all white. I can't remember ever seeing any
Black folks there, although I know of a few Asians. That said, there are
plenty that you will see toting a deer on the hood; at least during deer
season. In the off season they hide them in the back of the pickup.

Similar up here in the hills/coast area of San Mateo County. Not many
Blacks (I know 3 or 4), but quite a few Asians. I also know many people
that could be hauling deer on their hood (again during deer season).
We're on a first name basis with a couple of game wardens who are
frequently looking for the deer poachers, but it's basically a stand-off.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>