I was at their concert in Birmingham to support the Black album when Hetfield told people to steal their album if they couldn't afford it. I thought about that when the Napster thing came out. Metallica died for me when they stopped drinking and did that documentary where they talked about their feelings and epiphanies while jogging. Someone gave me their St. Anger album and I listened to the first 60 seconds of each song and never touched it again. They had pretty much jumped the shark at that point.

That One Guy /sarcasm wrote:
ever since napster bad, metallica has kind of become a joke. Lars was an utter douche from day one, hetfield always presentd as a fun guy to get drunk and either beat people up or eat mushrooms with. they died with MTV. Im not sure any of the hipster douchebags will miss the guy, probably just best he strap himself with a decent size nuclear ied and detonate in the bay area. Isnt that where tales from the city was located, thats the first show that presented gays in a non creepy way, and totally made dharma and greg believable