Got to think someone will take advantage of all that growing know-how....
On 12/27/16 7:31 PM, Bill Prince wrote:
We have relatives up in Humboldt. Word on the street is that everyone will start growing their own (that's the optimistic view), or big agri-business is going to drive out all the locals. I don't know which. Probably something in between. bp <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com> On 12/27/2016 4:53 PM, Robert wrote:Humboldt will become one of the largest agro-cultures in the US on Jan 1st when all those pot farms have to start declaring their income... On 12/26/16 2:00 PM, Bill Prince wrote:I don't consider Marin County all that "diverse". Bunch of whiny latte-sipping yuppies if you ask me. Really, really small number of Blacks. The Asian population is on the upswing, but they are more hootie-tootie than a lot of the "whites". Same goes for a large portion of Silicon Valley. The Asian population is exploding; approaching 33% in areas like Apple-ville (AKA "Cupertino"). Humboldt County is almost all white. I can't remember ever seeing any Black folks there, although I know of a few Asians. That said, there are plenty that you will see toting a deer on the hood; at least during deer season. In the off season they hide them in the back of the pickup. Similar up here in the hills/coast area of San Mateo County. Not many Blacks (I know 3 or 4), but quite a few Asians. I also know many people that could be hauling deer on their hood (again during deer season). We're on a first name basis with a couple of game wardens who are frequently looking for the deer poachers, but it's basically a stand-off. bp <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com> On 12/26/2016 12:01 PM, Chuck McCown wrote:Apologies to Bill Metallica’s James Hetfield: "I kind of got sick of the Bay Area, the attitudes of the people there, a little bit," he said. "They talk about how diverse they are, and things like that, and it's fine if you're diverse like them. But showing up with a deer on the bumper doesn't fly in Marin County. My form of eating organic doesn't vibe with theirs.". . ."there was an elitist attitude there — that if you weren't their way politically, their way environmentally, all of that, that you were looked down upon." I experienced the exact same thing in Humboldt County 26 years ago.
