From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of SmarterBroadband
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 5:11 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Politics

Stop listening to alt-facts, fake news.

Politifact says that is not true.

If we look specifically at sex offences, which the Fox News segment
highlighted, there were 18,100 sex offenses reported to the police in 2015,
down 11 percent from 2014, according to the
<https://www.bra.se/bra/bra-in-english/home/crime-and-statistics/rape-and-sex-offences.html>
 Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention.

The number of rapes reported decreased 12 percent between 2014 and 2015, to
5,920, the agency reported. The council noted that in Sweden, when a single
case is reported, every incident associated with the case is also reported as
an offense during the same year.

The amount of reported rape offenses has gone up in the last 10 years
(2006-15), which the agency said can be partially attributed to new legislation
in 2005 that augmented the types of acts that can be classified as rape.

"The effect of the statutory change appeared in the statistics such that the
number of reported offences in respect of sexual coercion and exploitation
declined in the years immediately following the statutory change while the
number of reported rapes increased," according to the agency. In 2013, a rape
offense was broadened "to include cases where the victim reacts passively."

And on crime

"In general, crime statistics have gone down the last (few) years, and no there
is no evidence to suggest that new waves of immigration has lead to increased
crime,"