I don't believe that anyone could align these properly just using the
scopes. On a 1 mile link, you pretty much have to use the scope to even get
them to link, but you need to fine tune them after that, and in my
experience anyway, the scope doesn't align exactly the same on any two
radios. If I had just centered the crosshairs on the opposite end and
called it a day, I would've been at least 10db below what I ended up with.