> And I've said it before, but it bears repeating in this context.  Real
> intelligence requires that mistakes be made.  And that's at odds with
> regular programming, because you are trying to write programs that don't
> make mistakes, so I have to wonder how serious people really would be
> about pursuing intelligence in a machine if they really knew what's
> involved.
> andi

It's not true -- we are NOT trying to make programs that don't make mistakes
... we're trying to write minimally buggy software, but we're not trying to
prevent our software from making mistakes when learning things

Similarly, you don't mind making mistakes yourself when learning, but you
would rather your brain did not fall prey to "wetware bugs" and get epilepsy
or Alzheimers etc. ...

-- Ben G