Ben:By true rationality I simply mean making judgments in accordance with
probability theory based on one's goals and the knowledge at one's disposal.

Which is not applicable to AGI prob lems, which are wicked and ill-structured,
and where you cannot calculate probabilities, and are not sure of your goals,
or what knowledge domains to consult or apply. Problems such as those of
creative discovery that you mention.

Or even simpler problems, like : how were you to handle the angry Richard
recently? Your response, and I quote: "Aaargh!" (as in "how on earth do I
calculate my probabilities and Bayes?" and "which school of psychological
thought is relevant here?") Now you're talking AGI. There is no rational or
logical or mathematical way to handle another person, nor to make a scientific
discovery nor to do anything that is AGI as opposed to narrow AI. I urgently
advise reading Kauffman's Reinventing the Sacred, where he says compatible
things (& may do a more extensive post on the book).

Nor strictly are there any errors - no right or wrong. Just more or less highly
effective or ineffective approaches to a problem. It's a different paradigm.