Cyc's DB is not publicly modifiable, but it's **huge** ... big enough that
its bulk would take others a really long time to replicate

Why don't you find out if you can do anything interesting w/ Cyc's existing
**publicly available** DB, before setting about making your own.  You may
find out, just like Cyc has, that possessing such a DB doesn't really get
you anywhere in terms of creating AGI ... or even in terms of creating
surpassingly useful narrow-AI systems...

ben

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:00 AM, YKY (Yan King Yin) <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Ben Goertzel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I still don't understand why you think a simple interface for entering
> facts
> > is so important... Cyc has a great UI for entering facts, and used it to
> > enter millions of them already ... how far did it get them toward AGI???
>
> Does Cyc have a publicly modifiable AND centrally maintained KB?
> That's what I'm trying to make...
>
> YKY

Ben Goertzel, PhD
CEO, Novamente LLC and Biomind LLC
Director of Research, SIAI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must be first
overcome "  - Dr Samuel Johnson