Trent,

I should have added that our brain and body, by observing the mere shape/outline of others bodies as in Matisse's Dancers, can tell not only how to *shape* our own outline, but how to "dispose" of our *whole body* - we transpose/translate (or "flesh out") a static two-dimensional body shape into an extremely complex set of instructions as to how to position and move our entire, *solid* body with all its immensely complex musculature. It's an awesomely detailed process, mechanically, when you analyse it.

(It reminds me of an observation by Vlad, long ago, about how efficient some computational coding can be. That painting of the Dancers surely must represent a vastly more efficient form of "coding" than anything digital or rational languages can achieve. So much info has been packed into such a brief outline. Never was so much told by so little? The same is true of artistic drawing generally).

P.S. Perhaps the best summary of all this is that general intelligence depends on "body mapping" - fluidly and physically/embodied-ly mapping our body onto others (as totally distinct from"mapping" structures of symbols onto each other). Not worth discussing, Ben?