From: Ben Goertzel [mailto:b...@goertzel.org]
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 2:30 PM
To: agi@v2.listbox.com
Subject: Re: [agi] Universal intelligence test benchmark

Consciousness of X is: the idea or feeling that X is correlated with
"Consciousness of X"

;-)

ben g

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Matt Mahoney <matmaho...@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- On Mon, 12/29/08, John G. Rose <johnr...@polyplexic.com> wrote:

> > What does consciousness have to do with the rest of your argument?
> >

> Multi-agent systems should need individual consciousness to
> achieve advanced
> levels of collective intelligence. So if you are
> programming a multi-agent
> system, potentially a compressor, having consciousness in
> the agents could
> have an intelligence amplifying effect instead of having
> non-conscious
> agents. Or some sort of primitive consciousness component
> since higher level
> consciousness has not really been programmed yet.
>
> Agree?

No. What do you mean by "consciousness"?

Some people use "consciousness" and intelligence" interchangeably. If that
is the case, then you are just using a circular argument. If not, then what
is the difference?

-- Matt Mahoney, matmaho...@yahoo.com