Hi all,

Sometime ago Florian Schmidt asked about this very issue:

What chances do I have of success in using a daugtherboard like the
my'ol'beloved Yamaha DB50XG, when attached to the onboard waveblaster
connector of a snd-cs46xx driven board like Terratec's DMXFire 1024 and/or
SiXPack 5.1+ ?

Theoretically, it's just a matter of checking if the proper MIDI port is
being exposed and, of course, if the respective audio ouput is accessible
in a usual way. Don't know at all if snd-cs46xx supports this. Has it?

I've used to exploit to the bone this DB50XG thingie, formerly on a legacy
SB16 and not so lately on a bit less crappy Guillemot Maxisound Homestudio
64 (ISA, SAM9704 based), but only as far as on Win98se. I'm willing, and
almost ready to get my hands down on the soldering iron and make it truely
standalone, as the quality of the card is too good to be dusting on a
shelf. After all it's a quite capable XG hardsynth, and sounds good too :)

However these Terratec's cards are now cheaper then ever, thus my option.
As anyone out there had any luck with this? Or is it just dead meat?

TIA.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela