Florian Schmidt wrote:

> I think the waveblaster connection works. If i connect vkeybd to
> "Rawmidi 0 - CS46XX::CS46XX" i think i can speak to it. I don't have an
> XG editor to test tweaking the parameters, but the epiano sound is just
> like the one i used to hear [it's been a while though].
>
> There also might be a wavetable onboard the terratec dmx xfire 1024 but
> i don't think that's what i'm hearing..  I can use the "Aux" slider in
> alsamixer to control the volume of that midi playback. So i suppose
> that's another hint that it's the db 50 xg, since i don't have anything
> else connected to this card [except for line in and line out]..
>
> I'm too lazy to disconnect the daughterboard right now to make sure, but
> i will do so today..

Please, I would appreciate very much if you do confirm this. Maybe there's
distinctive MIDI ports, one for accessing the internal wavetable-synth and
another for the waveblaster onboard connector and thus the db50xg. I hope
so :)

And then, how do you control the output mix of each one? Is there any
evidence when tweaking on alsamixer?

Could you show us at least a sample output of `aconnect -lio`?

Sorry for my impatience ;)

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela